Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Daily Sweat Tuesday 12/13/11

It's weigh in day!

Today was an upper body emphasis.

Dumbbell Bench Press/Bent Over Row Decsending Ladder Complex.
Well that's a mouthful huh?  Simple workout, very taxing.  I take 2 35# DB's, lay down on a bench, do 10 bench presses, imediately pop up to my feet and do 10 bent over rows.  Then, I return to my back and do the same thing 9x each.  Without setting the weights down or resting, I continue this protocol until I arrive at 1 rep each.  Complexes are brutally effective, and a great time saver.

Barbel Torques and Shot Put Superset
Here's the set up:  I take a 45lb bar, set it upright, place a 25LB plate on top, and get after it.  The object here is to move fast.  That's why the weight was on the light side.  20 barbel torques, followed by 10 shot puts each arm, for 10 sets.  I rested 45 sec every 2 sets.  Love this!  It's full body, ab ripping, shoulder and back burning, glute slaughtering orgy of awesomeness!
 Enjoy the vid:



The workout ended with 15 fast round kicks each leg, 10 power kicks each leg, and 20 knees each leg on the heavy bag.  This workout took me about 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment